All the practical bits…from the nearest doctors to the whereabouts of the public loos! In fact everything you need to know for a visit to or holiday in Rhoscolyn.
There are two doctor’s surgeries in nearby Holyhead:
Accident & Emergency
- The Minor Injuries unit at the Penrhos Stanley Hospital in Holyhead is open 7 days a week, 8.00am – 8.00pm.
- Out of these hours, or for more serious emergencies, the nearest full A&E department is at Bangor Hospital (Ysbyty Gwynedd).
- For out of hours dental emergencies, or if you don’t have a dentist in the area, call the NHS Wales Direct Dental Helpline on 0845 46 47.
- The nearest dental surgeries are:
The nearest opticians is Alton Murphy in Holyhead: 01407 762 711
- Boots (Holyhead) 01407 762 794
- Rowlands (Holyhead) 01407 762 157
- Tesco (Holyhead) 01407 603 447
- Valley Chemists (Valley) 01407 740 336
For your Sunday papers or a quick pint of milk, there is a Spar shop in Trearddur Bay or pop to Valley where there is a Spar and a Londis opposite each other.
HSBC, Natwest and Lloyds TSB all have branches in Holyhead.
There are post office counters in Spar in Trearddur Bay or in Londis in Valley.
Supermarkets & Filling Stations
The nearest Waitrose is across the island in Menai Bridge.
Tesco, Waitrose and Asda all offer on-line grocery deliveries to Rhoscolyn.
The public toilets are in the beach car park (LL65 2NX) and are open from 15 March – 30 September.
A recycling bank can be found in Morisson’s car park in Holyhead. There are bins for cans, clothes & shoes, glass and paper.